Sunday, August 10, 2014

Family Reunion 2014

Every year over Pioneer Day weekend we have a big 'ole family reunion in Wyoming.  It just might be my favorite thing.  

Day 1:
We participated in what must surely be the world's smallest parade, something we do every year.  


We played fun (and perhaps a bit ridiculous) games like a sawing competition.  (There are other families who have reunions at the same time and they have matching shirts too.  It makes for a little friendly competition!)


Nail and hammer relay.  

The bunny hop.  This was right before the bunny chases.

There was a chicken dance right before the chicken chases too.)   

Thankfully no one in our bunch caught a bunny or chicken this year.

After the Pioneer Day festivities we gathered back at my parent's home for some fun on a giant, inflatable waterslide.  It may or may not have taken me 5 minutes standing at the top to get the courage to go down that thing.  It didn't help that the irrigation water that was flowing through it was FREEZING!  My hometown is pretty darn small and inflatable rentals like this aren't something available there, so they had this brought in from a city in Idaho--2 hours away!  They are pretty great grandparents! 

These two are certainly outnumbered.   There are only 3 girls out of 16 grandchildren. 

The water slide fun lasted until dark.  
 
There seems to be a tiny Pokemon obsession among these kiddos.  

We had many rounds of stick pulling.  Young and old all participated.  I think a few egos were hurt!  

These two received the Aaronic Priesthood and they were over the moon about all that candy!  

There was a pinata, because pinatas are awesome.  

One evening we headed up to my brother's house for a roasting marshmallows and I had SO much fun taking photos of this little lady on his property.  She will be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints later this year.   This is my brother's driveway.  The views from his house and my parent's house are incredible.  I never get enough of it. 



Then there was a day at the lake.  I love this lake soooooo much.  It is the place I remember spending so much of my youth boating with my family.  I loved seeing my children enjoying it just the way I did many years ago.  




I was so darn proud of this guy!  He got out there and kneeboarded all by himself.  I wasn't sure he'd feel confident about being all the way out in the lake by himself, but he did it and LOVED it!  


Here's The Mr.  He just learned how to waterski a few years ago and he really enjoys.  Sadly, there are no photos to be found of me waterskiing.  Surely, I need some proof for these kids of mine that I did awesome stuff back in the day.  :)  


 Until next year. 
 signature

2 comments:

  1. You have such a gorgeous family Sanz!

    I just loved all these pictures and it looks and sounds like it was a fabulous time! I would love to go on that inflatable water slide thingy! Looks fun! I've never seen anything like that before.

    Thanks for sharing and wishing you a lovely week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week! I would love the inflatable water slide too. That looks so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your uplifting and kind comments and read every one. Have a splendid day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...