Sunday, March 9, 2014

The New Normal


You may (or may not) have noticed I haven't been here as much as in the past.  

For two years I blogged five days a week.  

Over time it's gradually slowed down and now I'm here about twice a week.  

Sometimes less.  Sometimes more.  

I feel okay about that.

I actually feel more than okay about that.  

It feels really good.

And right.

For now.  



I enjoy blogging.  

The creativity. 

The outlet.  

A place to put my photos rather than just on my hard drive.  

It is one thing that stays totally done.  

But, there's only so much time in the day.  

And one thing I care passionately about is time.

(I think that's why Cheaper by the Dozen is one of my favorite books!  Remember he's a time analyst?)  



My time on Facebook has drastically dropped in the last six months.  

That feels really good. 

Too much time there and I get fuzzy in the head.  

(You may (or may not) remember me posting about how I changed my use of Facebook back HERE.)

I'm being very particular of any reviews I write this year.  

It's not surprising that my philosophy of quality over quantity has flowed into how I blog as well.  



There are also some other things going on behind the scenes that have contributed to my reduced Internet time.

I started a quilt.

I've got a project going on for this here blog that I'm super excited about.

There are church responsibilities.

And household responsibilities.

There's books being read.  (The Storyteller by Jodi Piccoult, anyone?)

There's memories being made.  

Homeschooling.  

Potty-training.  

Decluttering and minimalism seeking. 

Life.



I'm grateful to those of you who are here.  I am absolutely humbled that you want to read what is posted here.  I hope you find some encouragement or commeraderie or an idea or two.

I think one of the other reasons for my reduced posting schedule is that I don't ever want any of you to think that I've got it all together.  I sure don't.  Some days I'm totally winging it.  Some days I think I've got it all together but then a kid poops on the floor or something awesome like that happens to keep me on my toes. 

I hope you know we bloggers (and pinners) are just people behind a screen.  People with insecurities, frustrations, messes that get pushed out of the photo, feelings, opinions, weaknesses and 24 hours in a day.  We have things we're good at.  (Organizing!)  And things we're terrible at. (Singing!) 

All in all.  We're a lot like you.  




Anyway.

I'm aiming for 1-2 posts a week as my new normal.

Which has actually been the norm for the last few months.  

Maybe there will be more sometimes.

But maybe not.

Just thanks for being here.  


--Sanz

5 comments:

  1. Aw, yeah, we understand!!! Same here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I salute you for setting limits on the internet. I am trying to do that too and you inspire me to do better about it. Thanks and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! Life is too important and short to not LIVE it. Love all your ideas and I'm so glad there is a movement towards posting less- I don't have time to keep up on all the fun blogs I'd love to keep up on when they post every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to go with our flows in life. I've had times that I've pulled back to 1-2 posts a week and then moved back into 2-3. It really depends on where you want and need your time to go.

    I can't write when I'm overwhelmed or burdened. Sometimes I wish it was the other way around. It would be nice to be content, uninhibited, and "free" and NOT want to write, just simply enjoy those moments of joy without writing my way through them)!

    Regardless, no matter how often you write, I will be here, enjoying every word you post.

    Congratulations on your new normal Sanz.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life happens and things change. I love that you keep posting a bit and sharing your stories with us! I think I have been too sleep deprived to be creative on my poor neglected blog!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your uplifting and kind comments and read every one. Have a splendid day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...