Monday, March 3, 2014

3. And a {Healthy} Birthday Cake Alternative

So.

A certain someone turned three.


I absolutely adore this guy.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  When he was born he brought a special something into our home.  I can't put my finger on it.  He is a joy.

My joy. 

We didn't plan on buying him a birthday gift, but instead thought we'd DO something out of the ordinary, something really special.  (More about doing stuff instead of buying stuff, back HERE.)  But once I saw this used, homemade, solid wood kitchen for sale, I changed my mind.

We still did something terrific, though.  




Hawk has a thing for painting.  He paints all. the. time.  I thought it would be perfect for us to snag a couple cousins and our bestest friends and head to a cermaics studio to paint.  



Such a great activity and a special time for the kids.  I loved seeing their creative juices flowing as they selected their pieces and colors.

That night we had a nice dinner with just our little family and had birthday "cake."  Only it wasn't cake...it was fruit.  The kids couldn't keep their hands off this thing and were over the moon about it.  They kept stealing pieces as I was putting it together.  I think we may have a new tradition on our hands.  




I am so grateful for this little guy.   I love how he says, "Uh huh" with a sing-song voice.  I love his long fingers.  They are oh so beautiful (and look just like his dad's hands).  I love how he always wants to wear a hoodie with the hood on and how he asks me to snuggle with him.  I don't love how he throws every single vegetable imaginable off his plate.  But I keep on trying.  We've finally convinced him broccoli is what makes you strong and he suddenly loves it.  :)   

Now, if only I could convince him to use the potty!

Ha!

--Sanz

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Hawk! He's a handsome guy. The fruit dessert is awesome, and I think my boys would so go for that. Oh, and my second son is 4 1/2 and is just NOW starting to use the potty. It has been a loooonng journey. (Especially after the first was SO easy lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious! Great pictures of a handsome little guy. Painting at a ceramics studio is something we've wanted to try for a long time but never have. what a great birthday excursion :). Love the fruit "cake" too. What a great idea. I'm totally going to do that with my kids' birthdays (if I remember by then...).

    Maybe you'll get as lucky with Hawk as I did with my middle son as far as potty training. I was concerned when he was still in diapers at 3, but not long after his birthday he said, "Momma, I'm done with diapers." And he was. I didn't have to do anything! Even at night, he just flipped a switch or something. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And love love love this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, Happy Birthday Hawk! I love the play kitchen and the cake is genius! This would be great for my youngest daughter's birthday (which is mid July). Sometimes there's a heat wave and the idea of baking cake is overwhelming! Thanks for sharing.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your uplifting and kind comments and read every one. Have a splendid day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...