Saturday, February 15, 2014

Homemade Cloth Baby Wipes


When we decided to cloth diaper, it only made sense to me that I should whip up some cloth wipes too.

So I did.

I knew I didn't want to spend money on fabric since the main reason for going cloth was to save money.  So, I looked through our old receiving blankets and found two that had been through three boys.  They were just what I needed.  I cut those receiving blankets apart and had plenty of fabric to make about 40 cloth wipes.

My wipes are 8" x 8".  


After cutting the squares, I did a fake "serge" around the edges with a zigzag stitch.  Now that I think about it, I don't know why I didn't have Mowgli do this.  It would have been the perfect task for him.  

I keep thinking I'll need to make some wipe solution, but I just haven't needed to yet.  There are heaps of recipes.  So far though, I've just used water.  I suppose I'll get around to making some solution, eventually. 

I find that I grab a cloth wipe when I am changing a cloth diaper and a disposable wipe when I'm changing a disposable diaper.  That way the wipe goes with the diaper.


Cloth Diapering Confessions
I'm still trying to figure out this cloth diapering thing.  I am finding that I use a disposable diaper for all of our outings except for church.  I just don't want to deal with it in public restrooms when I'm out running errands or at a roller-rink with the kids.  I'm also finding that I like my prefolds with Thristies covers the best.  All of my pocket diapers/all in ones end up leaking.  I haven't even been able to put an all in one on my baby and have it last through a nap.  Perhaps I need to read some more and ask some questions.  Surely, it can't be this way for everyone.  I assume I am doing something wrong and I haven't taken the time to figure out what that is. 
------------------------------------------
Why are we cloth diapering?  More on that HERE.

How much did we spend to get set up with cloth diapering?  More on that HERE.   

If you want, you could always ditch the TP and go to family cloth.  Ha! 

1 comment:

  1. This is how I made our cloth wipes too. You're way better set up with 40 than I was/am though. I need to make some more. I just use water too - easy peasy :).

    Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your uplifting and kind comments and read every one. Have a splendid day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...