Wednesday, January 9, 2013
How to Organize a Pantry
One of my goals for this year was to seriously organize my pantry. (How sad is that?)
Here are my 7 simple steps:
1. Be sure the baby finds the supply of chocolate chips. That should keep him busy for awhile.
2. Work tirelessly until your kitchen looks like a tornado swept through. Sit down, put your head in your hands and ask, "Why did I do this?" Complain to your husband for a few minutes. Now get back to work.
3. Make sure your husband is prepared to take 428 trips to the trash and recycling bins.
4. Empty your water storage and refill it. Enlist your husband and sons to find a new spot for the water, because the pantry just isn't the best spot. Then tell them to relocate all 2000 ounces of water to the basement.
5. Work for a couple more hours, stop and say, "What? We have no food. We are going to starve to death."
6. Continue working until you are so sick of this project, then work some more.
7. Phew. Now you will be so happy you are finished. You will be so full of joy that you keep opening the pantry door, just to have a looksy. However, I suppose if you are normal person, you will likely skip this step.